Multidisciplinary professional with experience across business, scientific and clinical domains.
As a Project Manager I have been leading consulting projects for clients in the areas of life sciences and healthcare, with assets including pharmaceuticals, medical devices and laboratory diagnostics. Project experience of over 5 years includes managing diverse teams, leading project design, budgeting, execution, delivery and strategic next steps recommendations for clients.
As a Neuroscientist with a mechanical engineering background, my personal focus has been on a team-work approach, combining different specialties and expertise in order to promote advancements in life sciences, always having in mind who the final receiver is, the patient. This motivation has been enhanced by my clinical and scientific experience, acquired through my work in the Neurosurgery Unit of Addenbrooke’s Hospital during my Ph.D. research at the University of Cambridge, UK.
Having a passion to support entrepreneurship and knowledge sharing, I serve as a Mentor at several organizations, including the University of Cambridge, Imperial College, MassChallenge and MIT Enterprise Forum.
My clinical and scientific work resulted in 37 peer-reviewed publications and 770+ citations in traumatic brain injury, subarachnoid hemorrhage, hydrocephalus, and spinal cord injury.
Please see below for a career overview:
- June. 2020 – Present: Venture Partner, Venture Capital & Private Equity Investment, VU Venture Partners
- Jul. 2018 – Nov. 2019: Engagement Manager, Boston Strategic Partners, Inc
- Jan. 2017 – Jun. 2018: Senior Healthcare Business Consultant, Boston Strategic Partners, Inc
- Oct. 2016 – Dec. 2017: Business Development Advisor, Capital Cell
- May 2016 – Dec. 2017: Life Science Strategy Advisor, Nagel and Partners Ltd
- Jan. 2015 – Dec. 2016: Healthcare Business Consultant, Boston Strategic Partners, Inc
- Jan. 2015 – Feb. 2016: Scientific Advisor, Brain-e- Games Ltd
- 2012 – Jan. 2015: Ph.D. Researcher on Brain Physics, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, University of Cambridge, UK
- May 2014 – Jul. 2014: Analyst, Oxbridge Biotech Roundtable
- 2005 – Oct. 2010: Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (M.Sc.), National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), specializing in Aeronautical Engineering
- 2010 – Sep. 2010: Diploma Thesis at Imperial College, London, UK in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, as part of M.Sc. with scholarship from NTUA, with a subject: ‘Simulation of Intake Manifold of one-cylinder engine’